Currently the Central Florida real estate market is saturated with homes for sale. Competing with short sales | foreclosures and bank owned homes can and will have a direct impact on selling your own home for top dollar and quickly especially if your property is not a distressed property. Here a few useful tips to get your home sold faster.
- Hire the right real estate professional, its not the years of experience nor a wise decision to use REALTOR because they are a friend, relative or someone with limited knowledge. Ask for a track record and the number of transactions sold and the types of real estate an agent specializes in.
- Ask about the marketing of your property, how will they do it and the methods that they use. According to some statistics over 80% of homebuyers start their home search online. An agent who is somewhat tech savvy or has an online presence is a benefit to you and helps to get your home maximum exposure.
- Reputation counts-Which company in your market place has the best reputation and the most trained agents? It's extremely important to not only find a reputable agent who works in your behalf but it is equally important to find a company that sells real estate rather than just obtain listings that never sell.
- Communication and feedback-It's important to always obtain an honest assement of the real estate market as well your property. An unbiased opinion is very important for pricing, marketing and getting your home sold. It's important for the agent and the customer to always be honest that way you will not run into snags in the midst of your real estate transaction.
- Do you click? Most agents prefer to take listings for 6 months to a year which is not uncommon. Spending 6 months to a year with someone who does not have your best interest at heart or someone you feel uncomfortable with could feel like an eternity. Make sure you have the same goals in mind and that you click.
- Take the interview process seriously-remember a real estate agent is working for you and hiring the wrong agent could leave you with lost equity, excessive time on the market as well as never getting the home sold. So take a few minutes and jot down some notes before you hire a real estate agent.
If you are considering selling your home please contact us. I have listed and sold over a billion dollars of real estate in my career.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independent verified. Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
The source of the listing data is as follows:
| My Florida Regional MLS (updated 12/14/18)