Many people have no idea where to begin but they really have a desire to have the American Dream, homeownership. Before running out and looking at homes there are some important things to consider.
- How are you going to pay for the home? Cash or obtaining a mortgage, if you are going to obtain a mortgage its important to get approved for a loan first before looking at homes. The reasoning behind this is to know how much home can your mortgage buy. Most homebuyers who look at homes first usually look at a higher price range than what they qualify for and when they find homes in their price range they feel disappointed and let down. Do yourself a favor and get qualified for a loan before looking at houses.
- Shop for the right real estate agent-Will you click? Will the agent listen to your needs and wants? Does the agent specialize in the area in which you are interested in moving to? How many successful sales have they completed? There are many factors to consider when hiring a real estate agent.
- Not all real estate agent are alike, some choose to be real estate agents vs. a REALTOR. A REALTOR must abide by the National Association of REALTORS Code Of Ethics and must take additional training to keep their real estate license in compliance with the State of Florida.
- Does the real estate agent hold any designations? Something you should consider, agents who hold designations spend big money to learn new and innovative ways to help assist buyers and sellers.
- Make sure you recieve a buyers consultation-Its a great way to get to know the agent you are considering to hire and an opportunity to share what is important to you and a chance for the agent to discuss the process of buying a home.
- Home and area selection-It's important to narrow down where you would like to be and remember location, location, location is extremely important when buying a home.
The homebuying process can be very stressful and very exciting. Working with the right real estate agent can and will make all the difference in the world.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independent verified. Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
The source of the listing data is as follows:
My Florida Regional MLS (updated 6/23/18)